Dover sole ‘jumps’ down angler’s throat

Image copyright Getty Pictures
Image caption The six-inch (14cm) Dover only (not pictured) wriggled out of the male’s hand and jumped into their mouth

An angler had to be resuscitated after accidentally swallowing a seafood he had just caught.

The man was kissing the Dover sole in celebration of their catch when the six-inch (14cm) seafood wriggled out of his hand plus jumped into his mouth, a buddy said.

The 28-year-old stopped breathing and suffered the cardiac arrest at the scene upon Boscombe Pier, Bournemouth.

Paramedics managed to remove the fish along with forceps in an ambulance.

Image copyright Paul Southgate
Image caption The person had been fishing at Boscombe Boat dock, Bournemouth

Ambulance worker Matt Harrison mentioned: “It was clear that we required to get the fish out or this particular patient was not going to survive the particular short journey to Royal Bournemouth Hospital.

“I was acutely aware that I just had one attempt at obtaining this right as if I dropped grip or a piece broke away and it slid further out of sight after that there was nothing more that we might have done to retrieve the blockage. ”

Mr Harrison said the fish’s barbs plus gills became stuck but he or she eventually succeeded in extracting this in one piece.

He mentioned it was the “most bizarre” call-out he had ever attended.

Members of Boscombe Pier Ocean Anglers performed CPR on their buddy before the arrival of emergency deck hands at about 23: 00 BST upon 5 October.

Ian Cowie from the group said: “He was kissing the fish in order to jumped down his throat. From the tradition to kiss your first capture. ”

Paramedics was able to restart the unnamed man’s cardiovascular at the pier after working on your pet for three minutes.

Mister Harrison said: “We’re all therefore glad the patient has no lasting results from his cardiac arrest, that could so easily have had such a heartbreaking and devastating outcome. ”