(CNN) Official translation provided by the Inter-Korean summit:
- South and North Korea affirmed the principle of identifying the destiny of the Korean country on their own accord and agreed to provide forth the watershed moment for that improvement of inter-Korean relations simply by fully implementing all existing contracts and declarations adopted between the 2 sides thus far.
- Southern and North Korea agreed to keep dialogue and negotiations in various areas including at high level, and to consider active measure for the implementation from the agreements reached at the Summit.
- South and North Korea agreed to establish a joint liaison workplace with resident representative of both edges in the Gaeseong region in order to help close consultation between the authorities along with smooth exchanges and cooperation involving the peoples.
- South plus North Korea agreed to encourage a lot more active cooperation, exchanges, visits plus contacts at all levels in order to refresh the sense of national getting back together and unity between South plus North. The two sides will motivate the atmosphere of unity plus cooperation by actively staging different joint events on the dates that will hold special meaning for each South and North Korea, like June 15th, in which participants through all levels, including central plus local governments, parliaments, political events, and civil organizations, will be included. On the international front, the two edges agreed to demonstrate their collective intelligence, talents, and solidarity by with each other participating international sports events like the 2018 Asian Games.
- South and North Korea decided to endeavor to swiftly resolve the humanitarian education issues that resulted from the division from the nation, and to convene the inter-Korean Red Cross Meeting to discuss plus solve various issues including the re-union of separated families. In this problematic vein, South and North Korea decided to proceed with reunion program for your separated families on the occasion from the National Liberation Day of Aug 15 this year.
- Southern and North Korea agreed to positively implement the projects previously decided in the 2007 October 4 Announcement, in order to promote balanced economic development and co-prosperity of the nation. Like a first step, the two sides decided to adopt practical steps towards the link and modernization of the railways plus roads on the custom transportation hallway as well as between Seoul and Sinuiju for their utilization.
- Southern and North Korea agreed to totally cease all the hostile acts towards each other in every domain including property, air and sea, that are the particular sources of military tension and turmoil. In this vein, the two sides decided to transform the demilitarized zone right into a peace zone in a genuine feeling by ceasing as of May one this year all hostile acts plus eliminating their means, including transmitting through loudspeakers and distribution associated with leaflets, in the areas along the Army Demarcation Line.
- Southern and North Korea agreed to create a practical scheme to turn areas around the Northern Limit Line on the western part of the country Sea into a maritime peace area in order to prevent accidental military clashes and guarantee safe fishing actions.
- South and Northern Korea agreed to take various army measures to ensure active mutual assistance, exchanges, visits and contacts. Both sides agreed to hold frequent conferences between military authorities, including the Protection Ministers Meeting, in order to immediately talk about and solve military issues that occur between them. In this regard, the two sides decided to first convene military talks in the rank of general in May.
- South plus North Korea reaffirmed that non-aggression agreement that precludes the use of drive in any form against each other, plus agreed to strictly adhere to this Contract.
- South and Northern Korea agreed to carry out disarmament within a phased manner, as military pressure is alleviated and substantial improvement is made in military confidence-building.
- During the year that marks the particular 65th anniversary of the Armistice, Southern and North Korea agreed to positively pursue trilateral meetings involving the 2 Koreas and the United States, or cuboid meetings involving the two Koreas as well as the United States and China with a see to declaring an end to the Battle and establishing a permanent and strong peace regime.
- Southern and North Korea confirmed the most popular goal of realizing, through full denuclearization, a nuclear-free Korean peninsula, South and North Korea discussed the view that the measures getting initiated by North Korea are extremely meaningful and crucial for the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and decided to carry out their respective roles plus responsibilities in this regard. South and Northern Korea agreed to actively seek the particular support and cooperation of the worldwide community for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
Republic of Korea State Matters Commission
Democratic Householder’s Republic of Korea