The iconic Moscow mule copper mug may be poisoning drinkers

Part of the fun of buying a Moscow mule is getting to imbibe out of the cool copper cup. Yet that fun may come to an finish because of health concerns.

Health officials from the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division examined what goes on when copper mixes with foods. The results werent so great.

DUNKIN’ DONUTS MIGHT BE MODIFYING ITS NAME, STARTING WITH CALIFORNIA AREA

The state health officials figured using the signature mug for alcohol based drinks or any food or liquid using a pH balance of below six could result in food poisoning or copper poisoning , which can cause diarrhea, throwing up, and jaundice.

Going even further, the state associated with Iowa has declared that they will adhere to an FDA code on copper mineral mugs, which prohibits copper through coming into direct contact with foods which have a pH below 6. zero.

Exactly what falls below a pH associated with 6. 0? Well, wine, for just one, as well as vinegar, fruit juice, and just about all of the ingredients that make up a Moscow mule vodka, ginger beer and lime juice (or if you have to lemon juice).

Within a declaration from the Iowa Alcohol-based drinks Division, they assert that:

FOLLOW US UPON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE INFORMATION

High concentrations of copper mineral are poisonous and have caused foodborne illness. When copper and water piping allow surfaces contact acidic meals, copper may be leached into the foods.

Thankfully for Moscow mule enthusiasts there exists a way to indulge in the beverage with all the unique copper cup. According to the exact same statement, liquids from copper cups with an inner lining of pennie, stainless steel or another metal are safe to take.

Call it up a true silver lining.