That’s difficult to ascertain because hardly any research exists to quantify that will.
The countries are Canada, the united states, Japan, Germany, Italy, France, the united kingdom.
The time period: From The month of january 1, 2009 to May twenty one, 2018.
The definition: The guidelines we followed in this count are usually –
- Shooting should involve at least one person being chance (not including the shooter)
- Shooting must occur on college grounds
- We incorporated gang violence, fights and household violence (but our count is just not limited to those categories)
- We included grades K by means of college/university level as well as vocational institutions
- We included unintended discharge of a firearm as long as the very first two parameters are met
The analysis : For US statistics, CNN reviewed media reports and also a variety of databases including those through the Gun Violence Archive and Northwestern Institute on Complex Systems. Intended for international stats, we looked at nearby and national media reports.
The stipulation: Reporting on non-fatal school shootings is not always accessible. There may be additional school shootings along with injuries that did not make it to the newspaper or digital publications, and thus aren’t counted in databases that will rely on media reports. This is genuine for shootings in the US and abroad.
What we found:
There have been at least 288 school shootings in the United States since January one, 2009.
That’s 57 moments as many shootings because the other six G7 countries combined.
Broadening out the list
Next, we wanted to broaden the list out to include some nations that were mentioned in a few of the virus-like posts that were going around this weekend break.
In certain of the incidents, the casualty depend is very high ( the Peshawar siege
; the Kenya assault
). But when it comes to the frequency
of assaults, the US nevertheless leads
by a broad margin.