Tom Petty Died Of Accidental Drug Overdose, Family Reveals

Tom Petty’ t death in Oct was caused by an accidental medication overdose, according to a statement simply by his wife and daughter.

Petty  was found unconscious in his home   Oct. 1 during “ full cardiac arrest. ” He was reportedly taken off existence support the next day when he was found to get “ no brain activity. ”

In a Facebook information posted Friday on the Tom Petty as well as the Heartbreakers fan page, Petty’ s widow, Dana, plus daughter, Adria, explained the cause of demise.

“ Our family sat together this morning with all the Medical Examiner – Coroner’ ersus office and we were informed of the final analysis that Tom Small passed away due to an accidental medication overdose as a result of taking a variety of medicines.

“ Unfortunately Tom’ s body suffered from many severe ailments including emphysema, knee troubles and most significantly a fractured cool.

Regardless of this painful injury he insisted upon keeping his commitment to their fans and he toured for 53 dates with a fractured hip plus, as he did, it worsened to some more serious injury.

“ On the day he died he has been informed his hip had managed to graduate to a full on break and it is our own feeling that the pain was basically unbearable and was the cause for their over use of medication. ”

Dana and Adria Petty said these people knew before seeing the statement that the singer-songwriter was prescribed numerous pain medications, including fentanyl sections, for a multitude of issues.

“ We all feel confident that this was, because the coroner found, an unfortunate accident, ” they said.

The two also said these people realized Petty’ s death “ may spark a further discussion at the opioid crisis” ― something someone said they welcome.

“ All of us feel that it is a healthy and essential discussion and we hope in some way this particular report can save lives. Many people who have overdose begin with a legitimate injury or perhaps do not understand the potency and fatal nature of these medications. ”

The two ended the post, which usually appears below, with a note associated with appreciation for Petty.

“ On the positive note we now know for many he went painlessly and superbly exhausted after doing what this individual loved the most, for one last period, performing live with his unmatchable rockband for his loyal fans in the biggest tour of his forty plus year career. He has been extremely proud of that achievement within the days before he passed. ”