Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has “withdrawn” his application for any UK visa, the BBC knows.
A source close to the Ruskies tycoon said his application to extend their investor visa has not been refused or denied, as documented in the press.
Mister Abramovich, 51, has put programs to build the club a new arena on hold among the delay to renew their visa, which expired some several weeks ago.
Israel reports the billionaire is eligible for an Israeli visa.
The delay in reviving Mr Abramovich’s investor visa reached light at a time of increased diplomatic tensions between London and Moscow, in the wake of the poisoning associated with former Russian spy Sergei Skripal in Salisbury.
Reviews suggest it expired three days ago.
Changes towards the visa process, which came into drive in 2015, mean applicants might be required to prove the origins of the wealth.
Mr Abramovich, who made his fortune within oil and gas in the 1990s, became proprietor of the companies that control Chelsea in 2003.
Based on the Sunday Times Rich List, they are Britain’s 13th-richest man, with a internet worth of £ 9. 3bn.
He is reportedly near to Russian president Vladimir Putin.
On Thursday, Chelsea released a statement saying the golf club had delayed work on the new arena at Stamford Bridge because of “the current unfavourable investment climate”.
The estimated cost for your new 60, 000 seat arena has increased to £ 1bn right after delays, which included a dispute using a local family .
Who might be Roman Abramovich?
- The 51-year-old is one of Russia’s richest individuals
- He reportedly sold dolls before you make his fortune in oil within the 1990s after the collapse of the previous Soviet Union
- Mr Abramovich was obviously a one-time business partner of the past due tycoon Boris Berezovky, an associate associated with former Russian President Boris Yeltsin
- Critics say the two businessmen utilized their Kremlin “family” ties to obtain key state companies for beneath market value
- Abramovich served as chief excutive of Russia’s Chukotka region
- He is believed to be close to current Ruskies President Vladimir Putin