Wooden plate restaurant fined 50,000

Image copyright Birmingham Town Council
Image caption Ibrahim’s Grill and Meat House admitted failing to adhere to a hygiene improvement notice

The restaurant has been fined £ fifty, 000 by magistrates for offering food on wooden boards.

Birmingham City Authorities says the wooden plates, utilized by Ibrahim’s Grill and Steak Home in Acocks Green, pose the risk of food poisoning.

Inspectors visited the eating place in October 2016 and had numerous concerns about cleanliness.

And though improvements were produced, on a return visit two months later on, they found the boards had been still in use.

At Birmingham Magistrates’ Courtroom on Thursday, the restaurant accepted that by continuing to use the particular wooden plates it had did not comply with a hygiene improvement discover.

Inspectors had been first called to the restaurant upon Warwick Road after an supposed food poisoning outbreak that impacted a party of 14.

The council said inspectors discovered a number of issues of concern, including the reliance on the use of disposable mitts rather than hand washing.

Image copyright Birmingham City Authorities
Image caption The restaurant was first went to by the council in October 2016 and on a return visit in December of the year, inspectors found the wood plates were still in use

It also stated the cleaning of the premises has been poor and sanitising chemicals are not being used in line with manufacturer directions.

The council states the boards used to serve the meals were “incapable” of being cleaned.

As well as the fine, the cafe must pay £ 670 expenses and £ 120 victim surcharge.

Mark Croxford, mind of environmental health at the authorities, said “It is completely unacceptable just for businesses to put the health of people consuming at their restaurants at risk. inch

When contacted from the BBC, the restaurant said this did not wish to comment at this stage.

Image copyright Birmingham Town Council
Image caption In its charge against the cafe, Birmingham City Council said the particular “damaged” boards could not be washed