YouTube shooting injures 3, woman believed to be shooter dead, police say

Police confirmed Tuesday that a woman believed to be a shooter opened fire at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, wounding at least three people before apparently killing herself.

Three people were transported to San Francisco General Hospital, according to a spokesman, including a 36-year-old man in critical condition, a 32-year-old woman in serious condition and a 27-year-old woman in fair condition.

KGO-TV reported the shooter was believed to be a white woman wearing a headscarf and a dark top, but police did not immediately confirm it. Witnesses told KTVU that the suspect shot her boyfriend before killing herself. According to the Los Angeles Times , authorities said the incident did not appear to be terrorism.

Authorities on scene at the Youtube Headquarters in San Bruno, California.   (KTVU)

Zach Vorhies, a senior software engineer at the company, told The Associated Press that the fire alarm went off but employees didn’t realize it was an active shooting situation. As they calmly exited the building, he said he saw a shooter in the courtyard shouting, “Come at me, or come get me. ” Vorhies said he froze and saw a victim on his back with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to his stomach. An officer armed with an assault rifle then entered through a security door, he said.  

San Bruno Police confirmed on Twitter that they were responding to an active shooter. They previously tweeted there was police activity at 901 Cherry Ave., where the company’s campus is located. They advised the public to “stay out of the area. ”

President Trump tweeted that he was briefed on the incident and added “our thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved. ” He also thanked law enforcement and responders who are on the scene. White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders previously told Fox News that the president was briefed and they were monitoring the situation.

The California Highway Patrol told Fox News that San Bruno police requested their assistance with the perimeter regarding reports of an active shooter.   (KTVU)

San Bruno City Manager Connie Jackson told KTVU the situation was “relatively secure” about an hour after the gunshots were first reported.

Users on social media indicated that ambulances were arriving and nearby offices were on lockdown. Many claimed there was an “active shooter. ”

The San Bruno Police Department told Fox News that they received at least 50 calls reporting gunshots.

Aerial images from KTVU showed officers on the scene, with some patting down a line of people outside.

Aerial images showed officers on scene, with some patting down a line of people outside.   (KTVU)

Todd Sherman, who identified himself as a Product Manager at YouTube, claimed on Twitter that he was in a meeting at the building when they heard people running. He said he and others made their way to the exit and at one point when he “looked down” he “saw blood drips on the floor and stairs. ” He said he saw authorities on the scene before departing the scene.

The California Highway Patrol told Fox News that San Bruno police requested their assistance with the perimeter regarding reports of an active shooter.

Regarding the situation, Google Communications tweeted that they  were “coordinating with authorities and will provide official information here from Google and YouTube as it becomes available. ”

The FBI San Francisco office tweeted that agents were at the scene “in support of our local law enforcement partners. ” The San Bruno police were the lead agency, they added. The bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) tweeted that their San Francisco field office was also responding to the scene.

Fox News’ Shira Bush, Jake Gibson and Serafin Gomez and The Associated Press contributed to this report.